1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. John82

John82 New Member

Loc:
    Havre Montana
    I bought a used ps 40 Winslow pellet stove, got it installed, and now cannot get it to continue running. Ready light gives one short blink and 1 long blink which would indicate vacuum switch. I pulled vacuum switch and if I suck on tube, I get continuity through switch. Using compressed air I blew into nipple on stove and it appears to be clear. The door and ash box seem tight. It has been a couple of years since this has been run. I jumped across vacuum switch and it burns fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stovelark

stovelark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Is the stove good and clean?? If so, door seal good?? What about the exh blower. It creates the vacuum inside the stove. Is the air damper adjusted properly?? Lastly, is vac switch working correctly. The PS40 is a pretty nice stove, should be able to get her going. Good luck.
  3. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Try the dollar bill test on door gaskets. Take a bill and close the door and latch it and try to pull out George. Perform the test all around the doors. If he comes out easy you have a gasket issue and will need to replace the gaskets. Not a hard or expensive project.
  4. John82

John82 New Member

Loc:
    Havre Montana
    Thanks I will do that and will make another run to make sure it is clean. Wasn't real spent a lot of time cleaning. Thanks for the response.
  5. John82

John82 New Member

Loc:
    Havre Montana
    I will tear it apart completely and do more cleaning. And do the door tests.
  6. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Sitting around unused is very hard on pellet stoves. A clean stove is a happy stove and most stove problems are from something being missed in cleaning them.
  7. bob bare

bob bare Minister of Fire

Loc:
    park county montana
    Hey another montanan,we are taking over!Cold up on the hi line?You prob. have an air leak,stove not building enough vacumn,but,as stove was sitting,diaphram in switch may have gotten hard and does not react properly,Only way to check both is put guage on stove.Bob
  8. John82

John82 New Member

Loc:
    Havre Montana
    Thanks it will be next weekend before I can get after it again. Appreciate the comments.
    thanks not too back today. Melting
  9. bob bare

bob bare Minister of Fire

Loc:
    park county montana
    Buy the way,that stove has a manual draft control(slide lever)usually adjusted with a guage upon install.if is wide open may cause your problem.
  10. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    If you haven't, you need to pull the combustion blower. Make sure you get a spare gasket as the old one is likely to tear. Brush and vacuum all internal exhaust pathways (I use a dryer lint brush and have a hose on my shop vac adapter) Location of inspection hatches and procedure is found on page 22/23 of the manual (2 on each side and don't forget the teardrops passages behind the ash pan) Check integrity of those gaskets on each side as well.
    http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com...Hearth_Winslow_Stove_Installation_775228M.pdf

If the vacuum switch is bad, this is the cheapest on-line I could find... $38 not sure what shipping would be and didn't think to check shipping costs at other suppliers.:oops: http://pellethead.com/products/H5889-%2d-Lennox-Vacuum{47}Pressure-Switch-.html

Hope you have the stove on a surge protector and installed a CO detector...

Let us know how you make out ... Pics when you're up and running! Welcome to the forum:)
  11. wwert

wwert Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern CT.
    If your vacuum switch has two nipples it could be attached to the wrong one. Granger has a vacuum switch just like it for under 30$
  12. stovelark

stovelark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    When setting vac switch, Country (when it was owned by them, now Lennox owns country) had the vac sw set up about 3/4 out, most even had a paint line to guide you. I closed one down to about 1/4-1/2, the stove would shut down on settings a, b and c. That was on a just cleaned stove too, so take care adjusting the air damper.