Winter '08/'09 begins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwloco

Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
Preparation for the winter has started in earnest. On waking today, I had enough wood to cut and split to keep me busy for a weekend.

12 hours later, I have twice as much.

Josh, a good tree worker and all around great guy, stopped by work today in his truck and pulling his chipper.

"...too good to chip" he said as we said hello. I stepped up on the back of his truck to see a good cord's worth of locust and oak.

How much? I said. $40 he said.

I got off work, had a good draft IPA from the Wedge Brewery (on the way home of course) then set about moving the pile. An hour later, I have it staged to cut.

Now all I have to do is service my chainsaw and get to it. I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

A win win, he doesn't have to waste time (or pay labor) to chip it, nor time (& possibly a landfill fee) to dispose of it, saves maybe a little diesel and pockets some beer money for the w/end.

I've bugged my tree guy twice already this year for a scrounge and haven't heard butkus.

Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.