Winter forecast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
this winter's forecast for snow
1006022_10151780149672661_1859770204_n.jpg

temps
Temperature-predictions-US.png

northeast were done...lol below average temps...above average snow....get ready ...

Reactions: Augmister
Hey it roars and is a valid word that should pass spell check (or is that smell check) whada expect a doctorate in English ;).

Reactions: roadking88
Weather in Maryland is always a trick-or-treat affair. The "experts" have been predicting heavy snow and colder temps every year for the past ten years or so. When we do get a big storm, they all start to congratulate themselves, even if those 19 inches melt away the next day.;lol

Weather in Maryland is always a trick-or-treat affair. The "experts" have been predicting heavy snow and colder temps every year for the past ten years or so. When we do get a big storm, they all start to congratulate themselves, even if those 19 inches melt away the next day.;lol

I like the light dusting overnight that morphs into about 3 feet over 4 days.

Every winter gets cold where I live, snow, good for the economy.

I got all the pellets for the season...great time to stock up, up and up!

What the hell does battle zone mean? Slush?

Ice. Similar to other forecast I've seen. As I said on the other post about this, would I put $5 on the accuracy, no but at the same time it is fun to speculate.

actually im thinking we'll be getting an earlier fall and a solid winter here in south central Va. was watching weather channel a week or so ago and the guy on there was predicting a similar thing to what the maps above were showing, said it had to do with a dip in the jet stream thats already bringing cooler temps to us and isnt predicted to move back up this month.

that said im not a weatherman so its just a hunch on my part

They can't forcast tomorrow's weather and get it right let alone months ahead. I'll believe it when I see it.

Weatherman is the only position where you can be wrong 50% of the time and still keep your job.

hm......I am in the Much Below Average area.......good....now, don't all you folks wait till it gets cold to order your pellets........

What the hell does battle zone mean? Slush?

Probably what Maryland typically gets: Rain one day, cold the next, then 65 the next. Forecast calls for eight inches of snow and we get a warm shower. Day after that it is 20 degrees.

Batter in major league baseball? There you can be wrong almost 70% of the time.

True, if they are batting. But I don't think they'd be there long if they made an error fielding every other play!

Can tell the future on weather, but can't spell...hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.