Winter hanging on this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
But at least we didn't get another two feet last night like certain parts of NH and Maine.

Great for skiers and other winter activities. If I have my way, it will all go away exactly on schedule - like around March 25. That's when I return from the West Coast and the Stove Trade Show.

Attachments

• winterhang.jpg
    winterhang.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 755
Ours might almost be over. Quite different from last year. Last year at this time we had 150+% of normal snow pack in the Cascades just to the west, and it seemed as though burning season would never end. This year something like 80+% of normal. Still down into the 20's at night, but that's normal. Last year I was burning, at least off & on, into early June. Maybe this year I won't have to do that. Rick

As much as I like the wood burning thing, I'm hoping for an early or at least normal springtime. Rick, like you, we were still burning into early June.
Took one of our dogs to the Vet yesterday, he said temp was -14. Our outside probe registered -2. Forecast was for 7 above. "Swing your weather, round and round". Vet is about 40 minutes to the east.
New forecast is now calling for at least 6" starting Thurs. afternoon. We'll see.
I'd be happy with 35... sweatshirt weather. If the snow would melt, I could start working on the blowdowns and such around here. Log load getting ordered soon, too!
Dave

We are looking at some rain today with 6-10" of snow tomorrow.
When will it end?
We are coming into March, it should not be to much longer

Barely a hint of snow around in Danbury area, CT. I suppose I am ready for some temp increases and a bit more sun. Don't want to spend any more $$ on salt either. Folks do love being able to drive north to experience all that great snow though...

Sure is... We had some nice warm weather and the 2+ feet melted down to about to about 3" and some bare spots in the southern exposers. All but gone because NE is about to have a Noreaster slam the region overnight and into Monday. The only good thing about this is it will melt quicker now that we're heading into Spring (somewhere down the road).

Pic is from this past Sunday/Monday. We had a major melt the previous two weeks and got rid of most of the 2 to 3 feet of snow. This storm dumped another 12". Looking at mid 50's this weekend :cheese:

Attachments

• winter1.JPG
    winter1.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 453
Winter is harder on some than others.....................

Attachments

• Robin 1-26-09 004.jpg
    Robin 1-26-09 004.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 455
skinnykid said:
Webmaster said:
But at least we didn't get another two feet last night like certain parts of NH and Maine.

Ya, rub it in why don't you!

It's going away quick though . . . very warm temps predicted for this weekend. May be my last weekend of local riding . . . especially since I'm heading to Grand Bahama Island next week.

Yesterday while on a walk about found some evidence of winter losing its grip. today it'll get up to 50 so that should be raging. Downstream and around the corner its still mostly all frozen.
3330890497_60b3cc928c.jpg

btw back in the late 70's that was like triple canopy jungle and the creek and filled in to almost ground level. Took me 3 years to cut in a 800+ ft right away to get equipment in there. I like harvesting project wood ...it's productive but back then without the Kubota it was all about cutting rounds and hauling out with a wood wagon and a small '64 cub cadet. Then you had to weed wack the brush to get to the next tree...glad that behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.