Winter Stash Safe at Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCCARPS

Feb 4, 2013
South Eastern PA
Made the run to my local supplier to pick up the stash that should make it through the majority of the winter.

Picked up and hauled 4 tons and unloaded 3 into the garage and 1 into the basement. Safe behind locked doors and an alarm for all you pellet thieves.

4 tons of Pellet Inc. $820 all in. $205/ton from Peak Distribution in Bird in Hand, PA.

Not sure, but does this get me into the Pellet Pig club?

I know pics or it didn't happen! and I know I am not the neatest at stacking. IMG_00000077.jpg IMG_00000078.jpg IMG_00000079.jpg

Nice score! Let me know how you like those. Peak has excellent prices. I tried running a few bags and had trouble with them bridging. Maybe I had a bad batch!

Nice score! Let me know how you like those. Peak has excellent prices. I tried running a few bags and had trouble with them bridging. Maybe I had a bad batch!

They run great in my Harman. Ran about 2 tons of them through it last year and they were hands down better than the Chows, Cheats and Pres-to-Logs.

RC

You get my vote! Nice Rig, haul, stash and deal!

X2. But you know somebody has to bust your ba!!$ about something, so I'll just say that it prolly not a good idea to stack pellets directly onto the concrete floor.

Good deal on those!...burned a few bags to try from a local pool dealer that carries pellets last year....great heat but a tad ashy but I'd burn'em! OINK!

X2. But you know somebody has to bust your ba!!$ about something, so I'll just say that it prolly not a good idea to stack pellets directly onto the concrete floor.

x3 and yes get those pellets on pallets ! :)

Reactions: lessoil
That is a nice stash, those are what I burnt last year, had some that made a lot of ash and another batch that burned a lot cleaner, the company is about half an hour up the road from me, my stove dealer is just up the road from them.

Made the run to my local supplier to pick up the stash that should make it through the majority of the winter.

Picked up and hauled 4 tons and unloaded 3 into the garage and 1 into the basement. Safe behind locked doors and an alarm for all you pellet thieves.

4 tons of Pellet Inc. $820 all in. $205/ton from Peak Distribution in Bird in Hand, PA.

Not sure, but does this get me into the Pellet Pig club?

I know pics or it didn't happen! and I know I am not the neatest at stacking.View attachment 110737 View attachment 110738 View attachment 110739

It looks great except I would have laid a pallet between the cement and the pellets. Our garage floor can sweat a lot and that moisture would migrate into the pellets. On the other hand this occurs during the spring warmup and early summer so your supply would probably would be gone by then.

In hindsight I should have cut some pallets in half and stacked on them or at the very least cut some plastic moisture barrier to lay down. Had pellets on the floor all last winter with zero issues. The foundation and garage floor is insanely dry. My basement sump pump hasn't ever run. However to be safe will definitely will add some sort of layer below them before the haul next summer.

RC

Reactions: lessoil
Status
Not open for further replies.