Winterwarm 1280 Service Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TWMSeven11

Dec 6, 2022
Massachusetts
We recently purchased a house with a Winterwarm 1280 and I was able to locate the owner's manual but was also hoping to have to get a copy of the service manual. Any chance someone has it available? Thanks in advance!

Having serviced V. C. products for over 30 years I can tell you 2 things:. First, there may not actually be a service manual. Second, the 1280 is one of the very few V. C. products I refuse to work on. I know that people do have good results with them but if and when it needs any kind of serious work I would urge you to consider replacement. Geez, that and the 0041, what WERE they thinking??

Not the feedback I wanted to hear on the unit but I appreciate the honesty!! We just bought the house so replacement isn't exactly in the budget right now. We may have to start considering it as something to be done in the next few years if we start putting money aside. I ordered new gaskets which are coming today and also replaced the catalytic combustor but noticed the secondary probe had completely disintegrated. After reading the whole 1280 has to be pulled to get to the back of the unit, I think it may be above my abilities. Can we run the unit without the probe or is it a vital component? I appreciate the help!

The probe's only job is to close the secondary air gate. Consider plugging the gate with gasketing. It won't allow secondary air to the catalytic combustor, but it may fire off just fine anyway?