Wireless battery operated interconected smoke alam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiver

Jan 28, 2011
Western Ma
I did a quick search and cam up with some info on these products. I have an old home with a ton of smoke alarms in them but cannot hear the basement alarm on the second floor. Anyone have one of these. Any alarm work better then the other??

here is one from ace
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productdetails.aspx?sku=5369558

thanks

I have several of these. There are two in the garage, which is what I wanted. Then, I have a hardwired/wireless detector which acts as an interface to the rest of the first alerts on a hardwire. However to get the signal there, I had to add two more wireless units: one in the breezeway and one in the house. I've had some false alarms from the breezeway and garage, which I attribute to spiders or powderpost beetles (could actually see them-sprayed around them), but not many false alarms. Battery life, aa's, is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.