Wireless blower control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinniNH

Jan 31, 2015
Nh
Hello,
I have a napoleon nz6000 (I think it is call, it is the big one). It is a great unit, but it would be great if the blower speed control could be remotely controlled with a remote or some other connected device. Even better a "Internet of things" type device, like wink compatible.
Anyone know if such a device exists?
Thanks

Last edited:
No body knows of anyway to remotely control the variable speed knob thing huh?

Maybe more details on why I am wanting one. I use the fireplace to supplement heat and for looks. I like a nice wood fire. The issue is when I go to sleep at night. I don't fill it up with wood to burn till morning, I just let it burn out. So I shut the blower off before I go to bed and the fire is still burning with a lot of heat to give. I don't want to leave the blower on because it will just be blowing cold air for half the night. So being able to remotely shut it off, or set it in a timer, or schedule, etc, would be awesome.

Any thoughts?

All you need for that is a thermal disc thermostat on the stove. It will turn the fan on when the stove is hot, turn it off when it is cold. they sell for about $15 or so.

The nz6000 should already have one wired into it. It turns the blower on when it reaches temperature and shuts it off when it cools down on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.