Wireless Energy Monitor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I've been given the go-ahead to purchase a wireless energy monitor. Apparently, the powerline carrier arrangement of the TED wore thin even on a less-than-interested individual, what with the requests not to turn on this overhead light, or that something-or-other.

I believe I would like to have a standalone monitor as well as cloud storage, but the cloud storage might be optional. The Eyedro seems nice but it doesn't have a standalone monitor-just web, but that seems pretty nice. The Efergy with hub is popular, but the internet stuff doesn't seem to get much love. Also, which model Efergy is best. One stores data for download to a PC, which is nice, another does power correction, and I believe they all can hook up to the hub.

Is anything else out there? I haven't looked at the new TED yet-I believe it's wireless but also expensive, but I'm not certain.

Anyone out there with experience on this?

Edit: Just read something about z-wave. It'd be nice to have an integrated something or other.

Last edited:
I'm putting in an eGauge. It's expensive, but has a built in web-server, nice tracking and is reported quite reliable. Wish they made a model with less inputs. I don't like having to pay for 12 when I am only going to use 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.