Wireless thermostat on Lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

murphysart

Nov 13, 2011
I just purchased my first pellet stove from lopi Leyden. My question is that it seems like the wireless transmitter doesn't effect the function on the stove at all. If I press the receiver button on the side of the stove to turn it on it just automatically just turns the stove on as if the stove was in its manual setting even if the thermostat is calling for the stove to be off. Can it be wired backwards? It was professionally instoled but they never even check to see if it worked or not and are also not helpfull at all. After spending over 10 grand and 3 stoves later you think they would return a call and answer a question.

murphysart said:
I just purchased my first pellet stove from lopi Leyden. My question is that it seems like the wireless transmitter doesn't effect the function on the stove at all. If I press the receiver button on the side of the stove to turn it on it just automatically just turns the stove on as if the stove was in its manual setting even if the thermostat is calling for the stove to be off. Can it be wired backwards? It was professionally instoled but they never even check to see if it worked or not and are also not helpfull at all. After spending over 10 grand and 3 stoves later you think they would return a call and answer a question.

What thermostat operations does the Lopi allow for and this switch you pressed isn't on the t-stat but on the receiver correct?

Which wireless stat did you have installed?

Thank you for the response. Yes the switch I pushed is on the stove it self called the receiver in the manual. It's from Travis industries but I don't see any name or model number. It allows for manual and auto. The manual for off and on. And the auto for setting the temp and a timer to start the stove at a certain time.

Can you tell me what the remote is saying now?

I believe I've located the manual for the thermostat.

There are two major modes of operation on the remote one called manual turns the stove on and off and it doesn't pay attention to the thermostat.

The other is called auto which does pay attention to the thermostat.

I tried both. Even when I turn the manual button to off the stove continued. And on auto it basically ignores the temp setting. In both cases as soon as the receiver that's attached to the stove it acts according to whatever was set by hand on the stove. In the end it acts as if it's an on off button. But in both cases the part you hold in your hand does nothing at all.

murphysart said:
I tried both. Even when I turn the manual button to off the stove continued. And on auto it basically ignores the temp setting. In both cases as soon as the receiver that's attached to the stove it acts according to whatever was set by hand on the stove. In the end it acts as if it's an on off button. But in both cases the part you hold in your hand does nothing at all.

Your stove is set at Auto correct?

Otherwise it is ignoring the receiver and the remote.

It is also possible that the installer didn't get the receiver and the remote to talk to each other.

I have a Skytech 3301P and the receiver needs to "learn" the transmitter (need to match them up). Mine has small button to push with a pen or something to do that. Do you have a learn button?

Time to call dealer and get the scoop if not.

Ok for some reason the remote was not blinking like the manual says it would before it allows you to hold 10 inches from the receiver even after unplugging and removing the batteries. In the end I held the button down with it not blinking and finally got a beep out if it so it is now working. I apreciate you guys responding to my post thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.