Wireless Thermostat Recommendations for Lopi Leyden?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scarter2

Jan 2, 2009
Southern ME
Considering operating my Lopi Leyden on a thermostat (preferably w/ a setback/timer function). Since my stove is installed on a large stone hearth/fireplace, there is no good looking way to run wires (besides, who really wants to do that?). Any recommendations for make/models that ahve been successful? Sounds like you have to be careful w/ the voltage? I know Lopi has a factory remote thermostat but it isn't clear if that includes any timer functionality. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Beez

Alot of us are using the Skytech 3301P . I use it on my gas stove, but others are using it on their pellet stoves. I have nothing, nor heard anything negative about this unit. I had a different unit before and it would constantly "mysteriously" turn on and off. I suspected it was the frequency codes, but could not find the source within my home. Since getting the Skytech I have had no issues and thus it has paid for itself.

Shop around, some have found it on Ebay. Do a search on these forums and you will find lots of threads.

Thanks. I'll see what he's got for advice. I did email an ebay retailer who was selling them. He though I'd need some kind of inverter hooked up in serial w/ the receiver... We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.