Wireless Thermostat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about wireless. It seems to me someone here ran one and had to jump thru hoops to set it up. I may be mis-remembering though. I run my P43 on a wired stat and it works well. However, once it gets in the deep of winter, I usually turn it to stove temp (room temp/manual doesn't work correctly with it hooked inline to a stat)

Reactions: Elaisse2
The reason I would like one is. Yesterday I my stove maintained the house between 69-72, but when I woke up this morning it was 64. Nothing changed, I turned the temp dial up a bit and it did not really do much. So I was thinking a thermostat might help this.

I prefer thermostat use on my P61a because it minimizes use of control board knobs/potentiometers. Just unhook one room probe lead and hook into wireless receiver, the other lead from receiver goes back into terminal that use to connect to room probe.

Set control panel temp higher than desired room temp and let thermostat limit temp to set point.

Our thermostat is the one typically used for gas inserts, just can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

Reactions: bogieb and Elaisse2
I prefer thermostat use on my P61a because it minimizes use of control board knobs/potentiometers. Just unhook one room probe lead and hook into wireless receiver, the other lead from receiver goes back into terminal that use to connect to room probe.

Set control panel temp higher than desired room temp and let thermostat limit temp to set point.

Our thermostat is the one typically used for gas inserts, just can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

For some reason I was thinking the wireless was more complicated to set up than my regular digital that is on the P43. My mistake ;)

Reactions: Elaisse2
We use a Skytech wireless which is several years old. It is easy to use, does have adjustable set back levels which is a must, but quite limited on number of programs. Honeywell has come out with several models since we bought the Skytech. I'd start looking there next time. Just make sure whatever you buy is millvolt so it will work with Harmie.

Reactions: bogieb and Elaisse2
I have a skytech also hooked to my P43, I didn't use any of the programs I just use it as a thermostat turn it up and turn it down in the morning. Pretty simple to hook up. once the stove starts I switch to manual and it maintains a small burn 24 hours a day and the stat turns the stove on and off accordingly. The nice thing with it is I can move the remote where ever I want the temp to be at.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.