Wiring 2 blowers together, (in layman terms please)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

6brnr

Nov 30, 2009
Mid Southern Illinois
Hello all!! I am new to this forum and have found it very useful for the short amount of time I have been here. What I have is a newly installed Clayton 1600. What I need to know is how to connect my blower from the wood furnace to the blower on my gas furnace. I have done a search and found multiple ways of doing it but I need the correct way. I suppose I need some type of relay so the blower won't burn up? Mind you, I am a man of many things, but electrical things are not my strong point, so please explain as if you are talking to a child lol! Well drawn pictures will help out to if at all possible!
Thanks a ton! Hopefully you all will prevent me from hiring an expensive electrician.

Are you looking to have your fan on the wood stove turn on when your thermostat calls for heat? Or are you looking to run both fans for some reason?

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.