Wiring a honeywell aquatstat to a controller for DHW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I have a honeywell L6006C I would like to use it to turn my DHW circ pump on .
the aquastat has a 3 terminals on it R-B-W
The controller is displayed below . Can any explain how to wire it.

Huff

Attachments

• Wiring a honeywell aquatstat to a controller for DHW
    DSC_0285.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 321
rbw , you will only use 2 of those, 1 is for normally open and the other is for normally closed. Your pump will connect dirrectly to the DHW on the left side of that panel N & N/O line 3rd light down. pump done. now the aqua stat will connect to the DHW demand on the right side #9 & #10 . If you have any questions on the rbw it whould be on the inner cover and instructions. Use the N/O normally open when below 125 it will turn on, a L4080 does the same but it is only a N/O tstat

ALASKAPF185 said:
rbw , you will only use 2 of those, 1 is for normally open and the other is for normally closed. Your pump will connect dirrectly to the DHW on the left side of that panel N & N/O line 3rd light down. pump done. now the aqua stat will connect to the DHW demand on the right side #9 & #10 . If you have any questions on the rbw it whould be on the inner cover and instructions. Use the N/O normally open when below 125 it will turn on, a L4080 does the same but it is only a N/O tstat

Thanx AL.185 , I wired the neutral to the neutral bus and the hot wire to the terminal below the N ,must be as you said N/O. on the demand side I wired the black to 9 and white to 10..

At the aquastat terminals . white on B and black on R.

Huff

Status
Not open for further replies.