Wiring Skytech 3301 remote t-stat to Englander Multifuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdinPelham

Aug 24, 2015
Pelham, NH
Hi,

Just received our Englander Multifuel pellet stove and a Skytech 3301 remote thermostat, which I read on these forums would work with the stove. I can't find specific instructions on hooking up this thermostat to the stove. I found instructions on the Englander website for hooking up their version, which simply entailed removing a plastic piece and inserting the 2 wires in place of the plastic piece. The Skytech unit does have 2 wires with metal clips at the end. I'm wondering if I simply cut the metal clips off, splice the wires, and insert them just like the Englander version instructions. Can anyone provide any guidance?

Thanks!

As long as the Englander version of the thermostat is millivolt, there shouldn't be a problem cutting and splicing the receiver box into the same spot. The Skytech's are a millivolt system so just double check on the Englander version being millivolt as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.