Wiring two boilers together

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orville

Dec 9, 2013
Minnesota
Years ago I installed a Buderus boiler with oil back-up.It had two sets of zone valves and thermostats and two circulating pumps. On the wood side the zone valves went kaput's a few years ago so I have been running it manually since then. I want to re-plumb it and change the wiring and zone valves.
I have my own idea on both the plumbing and wiring, Is it possible to get suggestion or ideas on how this is done? I feel my wiring will work but it does have a glitch in it. And I feel my new plumbing idea will work, but maybe there is a better way????????

Here is a picture of the current zone valve set up. The four horizontal valves may have a little over two years of use. I want to replace them with the valves that you can replace the head and not the entire valve. After it is done I would like to have one set of thermostats, zone valves and one pump.

Attachments

• 100_0651.JPG
    100_0651.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.