wirsbo pro panels (311-P)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyb

Hearth Supporter
Aug 1, 2008
Have one of these units plumbed in to my heating system and am getting close to completing my gw100 install. was thinking of tying into the return back to the boiler after the panel for t's to heat exchanger, it does have a loop at the end of the panel which loops the supply and return together, so there is an option also. Anyone familiar with these panels? The t's cut in will be for a heat exchanger between the two boilers.

another question for sizing an exchanger, what type of information needed for selecting one?

trying to send pictures, not sure if it will work, total of 4.

johnny b

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 362
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 347
That's quite the installation! I feel kind of inadequate with my Taco 007.

I don't understand the first part of your question. As far as heat exchanger sizing, you basically need to know the following for each side:

- flow rate
- either inlet or outlet temp

You also need to specify the desired heat transfer rate. Given this information, there are tools out there that will find the heat exchanger that you need. There was a thread on this a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.