Wisconsin Weather Update....THIS SUCKS!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
krooser said:
4AM... 12" of Snow... 35 MPH Winds... This Sucks...
now back to your regular programming...

.....appreciate you guys in Wisconsin taking more than your fair share of the white stuff.... didn't get any here but have got the 'cold' :grrr: (-8 °F ) presently.... changed my avatar to align with the mood of this thread..... cc :lol:

CanadaClinker said:
krooser said:
4AM... 12" of Snow... 35 MPH Winds... This Sucks...
now back to your regular programming...

.....appreciate you guys in Wisconsin taking more than your fair share of the white stuff.... didn't get any here but have got the 'cold' :grrr: (-8 °F ) presently.... changed my avatar to align with the mood of this thread..... cc :lol:

You're welcome..I think...

86 toy said:
krooser said:
... the snow was real heavy and wet... reminds me of an old girlfriend...

:lol: thats funny right there!!!!

LOL !!!! krooser, you are definately one of the strange critters here. Maybe that's why I relate so much to this place :lol:

The snow nitemare continues for us. I posted some pics int he picture fourm

winter09011.gif

gbreda said:
86 toy said:
krooser said:
... the snow was real heavy and wet... reminds me of an old girlfriend...

:lol: thats funny right there!!!!

LOL !!!! krooser, you are definately one of the strange critters here. Maybe that's why I relate so much to this place :lol:

elvis.jpg

THANK you...thank you VERY MUCH!!!

yep this storm really was not fun. started off with rain and a high of 47 then went south. stove is working over time the last 2 days. only got 3 inches of snow (North of Buffalo) but the wind was (is) something else. My hat is off to the guys/gals in the sothern tir, they are still getting blasted with snow. keep warm.

howtoebookguy said:
We got hit with 12" last week and it never got above 5 today. Supposed to be below zero tonight...BRRRRR!!

.......hey howtoebookguy.... maybe I can make you feel a bit better.. :cheese: .... was on my way to work today at 7am and looked at the temp which was -30 C (-22F). Had a 1-1/2 hour helicopter ride in those temps 'north of here' to a place that there are no roads at all into ... just a landing strip..... spent 2-1/2 hours outside in the wind mentoring a couple of new guys at work..... then flew home...... now 'thats Cold' !! :grrr: ..... but a good buddy of mine once said "there's now such thing as 'bad weather'.... just 'bad clothing'"............ cc :lol:

CanadaClinker said:
howtoebookguy said:
We got hit with 12" last week and it never got above 5 today. Supposed to be below zero tonight...BRRRRR!!

.......hey howtoebookguy.... maybe I can make you feel a bit better.. :cheese: .... was on my way to work today at 7am and looked at the temp which was -30 C (-22F). Had a 1-1/2 hour helicopter ride in those temps 'north of here' to a place that there are no roads at all into ... just a landing strip..... spent 2-1/2 hours outside in the wind mentoring a couple of new guys at work..... then flew home...... now 'thats Cold' !! :grrr: ..... but a good buddy of mine once said "there's now such thing as 'bad weather'.... just 'bad clothing'"............ cc :lol:

Sounds like CC has interesting, But VERY COLD job!

jtakeman said:
CanadaClinker said:
howtoebookguy said:

Sounds like CC has interesting, But VERY COLD job!

........ yes Jay.... 'Interesting' is only the half of it..... ;-) ..... someday I will tell you the other half... :cheese: .... yes at this time of year, it becomes harder to 'pick' a warm day for some to these jobs..... Oh well, I'm glad there aren't too many of them like today.....I just got 'lucky' I guess...... cc ... (still shivering in front of my blazing pellet stove.....!!!). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.