1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wiseway Non-electric pellet stove. Anyone know it?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by chickenman, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenman

chickenman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Blowhard Victoria Australia
    Hi Guys,
    Just come across this.
    It looks simple,like me.
    Simple is good but does it work?
    Can anyone offer any experience with this jigger? Is it the only one or are there others? Has anyone got one? So many questions....
    Thanks all,
    Darron.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Here is the most recent talk of them. No one here has yet.... Yet?!? ;) Or that is known anyways.

I still thinl that a good air source is needed for the best efficient burn of a pellet... Although if the stack draws enough natural draft, it may burn better than I think?

It is an interesting concept. The exhaust channel is the heat exchanger. It zig zags to extract as much heat as possible. Giving you more surface area for heating.

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/non-electric-custom-pellet-stove.87414/
  3. chickenman

Loc:
    Yeah it is interesting looking thing.
    I emailed the seller (inventor?) and he reckons that it will consume between 1.2-3lbs/hr. This is a pretty good (high) consumption rate for a stove without a combustion fan.
    He is suggesting that a 7' flue is required which should draw a fair bit. I think it has a twin burn process which might explain how you get a complete burn. If it is burning 3lbs/hr then it would produce a fair bit of heat. Maybe 30,000 btu, what do you reckon?
    I wonder if the short exhaust/heat exchanger tube could get the heat out. It would be interesting to know what the exiting flue gas temp is.
    Is there or was there any other manufacturers of this sort of thing? Is this a new invention or just a variation of some good ol boys jigger from way back?
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

In the link in my above post, the YouTube video I posted, shows the Clarry Camp Pellet Stove..

Its a similar process to the stove you posted. Its a pretty long video, but informative and shows how to light, burn, fill, adjust, take down, and clean..
  5. chickenman

Loc:
    I had a look. I think this Wiseway thing is better looking, I am writing to the guy right now to see if there is a video or better pictures.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

A video would be nice.... :)
  7. chickenman

Loc:
    I will pass on anything I get.
  8. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
  9. chickenman

Loc:
    Yes the doesn't seem to be any independent reviews yet.
    Still might be a good thing though. Someone must know.....
  10. chickenman

Loc:
    THey tell me there is an upcoming video. I will post it as soon as it arrives. The manufacturer is suggesting 40,000 btu which is pretty impressive.
  11. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Here is more info. The Water Heat option is an additional $249.00
    http://aquaponicsinwashington.wordp...received-our-first-non-electric-pellet-stove/

The Wiseway pellet stove with the water heating component will give us a way of heating a greenhouse, storing heat in the greenhouse, and keeping the costs down. It takes only a minute or two to start the stove. It reaches over 700 degrees on high in under 10 minutes. Water temps leaving the stove in about 10 minutes are over 160 degrees. This water is then pumped into a storage tank that serves as a heat sink. as the stove warms the greenhouse it is also warming the water in the heat sink. The stove can then be shut down for the day, and allow the heat in the storage tanks to radiate and maintain the heat in the greenhouse as well as have it run through the grow beds to heat the root zones to greatly enhance the growth of the plants. Running the stove at night allows a person to have their day, not having to be there to stoke a wood stove. Simply clean the ashtray and secondary burn chamber, fill the pellet hopper, fire it up and let it do its job. In the morning shut it down. This method will allow 8 – 10 hours of operation to heat the greenhouse. Cost to run the stove this way is about $1.50 in pellets.
    We will be offering demos of our new stove all summer. The cost for this amazing stove right now is $900.00 You can find them on our website http://www.zephyrgreenhousesystems.com
  12. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Again, FWIW, those are the claims of the manufacturer, not the experience of a consumer.
  13. chickenman

Loc:
    Yes it all sounds great. Now all we need is someone to buy one and give it a floggin.
  14. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

are these things efficiency tested and UL listed? in many places, you wont get a permit unless they are......
  15. chickenman

Loc:
    Hi Lousy,
    I have no idea how these Wiseways go with testing. The company says they are EPA tested. That means nothing to me as pellet stoves are exempt to EPA requirements in Australia. It is the efficiency and thermal clearance requirements that are applicable. I just really want to know if they actually work and if they leak any smoke.
    It doesn't matter in Australia, none of your Yankee tests are recognised.
    All the units we import need to be retested. I can do all the tests myself but that don't cut it with the regulators.
    Last stove we had Australian Standard tested cost $17,000 to do. I have never seen a stove fail these tests. Some wood burners do though. Especially the Chinese cheapies. We don't touch them. The testing cost are too high to take unnecessary risks.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

yea, chickenman, I apologize for not being succinct.....I was referring to stove installations in the USA......heck, cant speak about globally, anything is allowed in some areas.....I live in one of the most regulated states in the good ole USA, so, my viewpoint is at the other end of the spectrum......
  17. chickenman

Loc:
    Hey Lousy,
    I'm only joking with ya! I know exactly what you are saying.
    We sell heaps of cornstoves into rural areas but if someone in a capital city wants to put one in and they make trhe mistake of asking their local council they are always refused. Not because the stoves don't meet the regs (because they do) but because the authorities don't understand them. We all know that if you just ignore something you don't understand it will just go away!
    You would think that in this age of global warming, etc that Government would make a little effort to acknowledge realistic technologies which help. Out here the Government raises a carbon tax which brings in millions of dollars which is supposed to support green technologies. The only people who get this money are big companies with massive PR machines who can make "feel good" TV ads. I cannot see how pretty girls running through green fields (not that I mind watching!) helps with global warming but if the general public thinks they are doing something while actually doing nothing then the Government thinks it is doing a good job.
    Anyway the big energy companies are quietly raising all their prices as they can get better prices exporting to China and Japan so one day city people will realize that corn/pellet stoves are actually cheaper to run than electricity and natural gas. I am sure when that happens the Government will suddenly claim they have been supporting our technology all along......
  18. Wiseway pellet stoves

Wiseway pellet stoves New Member

Hi all just thought I wood update you on our wiseway pellet stove. a couple weeks ago we had UL and efficiency testing done. We are know EPA certified at 1.9 grams per hour and we are UL listed with a clearance of 2" on back 8" each side no thermal hearth pad needed (just a none flammable pad) the efficiency test came back at 75% and the BTU's are 57,000 on high.

Thanks Gary
  19. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Wow! Sounds like you got a real winner!

When I say winner, I mean it will SELL ! ! ! !

Please tell us how long does the venting need to be in order to develop enough draft?
  20. Wiseway pellet stoves

Wiseway pellet stoves New Member

It will work with 6' but works better with a longer chimney . All EPA testing and UL , Efficiency testing was done with 15'
  21. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

As Don said, you seem to have a winner. Those are some great #'s for a natural draft stove.

Do you have any better pics of the burn area (pot, ash pan, etc). The drawings and pics out there are pretty vague.

Seems like a pretty nice unit. Great clearances too :)
  22. chickenman

Loc:
    Hi Gary,

I have been corresponding with Rick with regards to bringing the Wiseway to Australia.

Now maybe Rick is the man I need to be talking to which is fine, but I would like to get closer to the source and from what I can find out that is you.

Rick may have mentioned our need to use a different fuel so that is what we need to investigate and discuss.

You can contact me direct at centralvic@optusnet.com.au

We think you are definitely on a winner and we would like to be part of that over here on the other side of the world so please get in touch and let me know who I should be talking to.

Cheers,

Darron Crick
    Multi-Fuel Heating Australia P/L.
  23. chickenman

Loc:
    Hi Guys,

There is a video up on youtube for the Wiseway.
    Looks good!
  24. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    That is REALLY cool.
  25. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

That is very nice. Love its UL listed too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.