Wish I had my video camera today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

I'm stacking fire wood into my old garage,, next thing I hear my small Jack Russell barking in my apple orchard , which is about 50 feet away... Well I look and my JR is head to head barking at something brown and three times his size,, what the heck... Now I see it's a big woodchuck.. He must have been out grazing and my JR Benny spotted him. Next thing I know the woodchuck is chasing my dog around in a big circle.. Then they stop and Benny starts chasing the woodchuck.. Then my dog goes to walk away and is facing me,, here comes the woodchuck chasing after Benny,, so Benny chases him one more time and then comes as I call him... The Woodchuck let out a loud whistle and then went back into my hedgerow... I'm thinking she had some young out and maybe was keeping Benny at bay.. It was like best of friends playing chase.. Man was I laughing... and at the same time I didn't know if it could put a hurting on Benny...Never in my life have I saw something like this.. The Woodchuck seemed to act fine, so I doubt it had rabies. I think she had some young out and wanted to keep Benny away until she could get them to safety... Man it was funny...

Those JR's are fast.....good thing

When we'd go for walks on the farm, our JR/Rat Terrier mix would find a groundhog hole and "WHOOMPF".....DISAPPEAR! After hollering down the hole for her to come back out for several minutes, she'd eventually back out of the hole......but when we got home, she'd have fleas on her from that activity....

Those kind of dogs just do those kinds of things, I guess. She's pretty much just a pillow dog now. She's almost 16, and spends most of her days now on the pillow beside the woodstove...

When we'd go for walks on the farm, our JR/Rat Terrier mix would find a groundhog hole and "WHOOMPF".....DISAPPEAR! After hollering down the hole for her to come back out for several minutes, she'd eventually back out of the hole......but when we got home, she'd have fleas on her from that activity....

Those kind of dogs just do those kinds of things, I guess. She's pretty much just a pillow dog now. She's almost 16, and spends most of her days now on the pillow beside the woodstove...
That makes them very happy dogs when they can run around and satisfy their curiosity. They really need that.. My dog loves my four wheeler polaris crew.. When that starts he come running,, he loves riding along on my lap or the seat next to me just looking out and watching for some rabbits to run etc.

WE had a neighbor who got a new dog and had to really laugh when a deer chased the dog back to the house!

Never heard of a whistle pig chasing a dog though.

Saw a dalmation almost get killed by a groundhog. Very aggressive around there nest opening.
It locked on to the dogs neck and held on. They did get it off but he lost a lot of blood,

Status
Not open for further replies.