Withdrawal symptoms!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifixmy2

Sep 13, 2011
Ohio
As a rookie 1st year, temps climbing near 80 this week. I come home in the evening & it's 75* inside
and I catch myself setting here & hard to resist firing the baby up. Sure don't need to heat it up inside
and I have still fired er up and shut it down a few hrs later, before going to bed.
May just have to unhook her and take it out for a complete tear down/cleaning.
Burned thru 3 1/2ton---1/2ton still left.
I'll have to document the improvements made at the beginning of the season and share what worked
to my advantage.

I got home last night around 10:00 and it was 65 I turned mine on and at the temp I had it set at it didn't run over night, is 66 now and soon will be off to work going to the 70's this week around here and back to the 60's over the weekend. Not sure I am going to clean mine yet.

Definitely having some DT's here.......supposed to be mid 80's today 60's at night for the next few days....we have only burned about 15 bags since Eric installed the stove.....Have an unopened bag of Liggies sitting up here that may need to go back down to the basement...... We love how clean the somersets we tried burn!!! And they sound "quieter" when they fall into the burn pot........We have 19 bags of them that we stol...uh...procured from DexterDay when he wasnt watching...He will never miss them!!! LOL j/k of course......But Dex has been a very good source of info,as well as Jay,Smokey,Smoke,st earl,imac,eric and so many others......We look forward to a full burning season !!!

dave

Definitely having some DT's here.......supposed to be mid 80's today 60's at night for the next few days....we have only burned about 15 bags since Eric installed the stove.....Have an unopened bag of Liggies sitting up here that may need to go back down to the basement...... We love how clean the somersets we tried burn!!! And they sound "quieter" when they fall into the burn pot........We have 19 bags of them that we stol...uh...procured from DexterDay when he wasnt watching...He will never miss them!!! LOL j/k of course......But Dex has been a very good source of info,as well as Jay,Smokey,Smoke,st earl,imac,eric and so many others......We look forward to a full burning season !!!

dave

What the $%!#?$??

I knew those stacks looked shorter! !!

On a serious note, I always miss burning. Every year, it seems to get easier to stop burning. The 1st year, if it hit 69° in the house, I had to Crank it Up. ;)

After several years it gets easier. But we were all 1st year burners at one time. In time it gets easier. Not much easier, but easier.

Just think about all the fun Summer activities? ! ? Camping, Campfires in the backyard, Fishing, Vacations, BBQ'ing, Swimming, Cutting the lawn, and doing landscaping projects (Yes, I love to cut the lawn and work on the yard!! Crazy, Right? ) Among 1,000 other Summer things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.