Withdrawl Tonight ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
No fire in either stove.

May 1st..

How apropos :mad:

Reactions: firebroad
I withdrew two weeks ago and ain't missing it one bit. I know October is coming fast.

Yeah, that's when I started bringing firewood in, and didn't stop until yesterday.

Damn it.

84 degrees here today. It was a beautiful day for a BBQ. I did however continue to move wood to get ready for splitting. Does that count?

Gorgeous day here today if you didn't have to step on dirt/mud BG. NWS says that 2.6 billion gallons of rain fell in the last two days. Half of he dirt on my property is in the Chesapeake Bay by now. Seattle rain stories don't even register on my meter anymore.

Damn glad I moved next years wood into the shed two weeks ago.

Reactions: firebroad
Better mud than tornadoes.

Oh heck. We are weeks away from that. When the atmosphere heats up. >>

Huh - and I lit a full blown fire in the stove last night. Not a shoulder season fire, but a full load of oak. My weather is sucking, but it looks like maybe a little break this weekend. All the way up to 66 on sat.

Maybe this will help with your symptoms. :cool:
photo (6).JPG

Huh - and I lit a full blown fire in the stove last night. Not a shoulder season fire, but a full load of oak. My weather is sucking, but it looks like maybe a little break this weekend. All the way up to 66 on sat.

Sorry, Jags .... I just couldn't " like" this ;)

My elation might be short lived. Waiting to catch the weather. Thought I heard 40F, which means below 35F here.

And away we go......

upload_2014-5-2_20-44-34.jpeg

One of these days Alice...

Right in the kisser....

Just the PE. and it'll be uglies, mostly.

Damn it.

84 degrees here today. It was a beautiful day for a BBQ. I did however continue to move wood to get ready for splitting. Does that count?
Ditto, mid 80's here and clear. We split half a cord this afternoon, that has to count too right?

Reactions: red oak
Fired up again.

Damned Icey Hollow.

Looks good tonight. 45F ='s house temps of 65F - 68F in the AM .

My Prince of a firewood guy showed up today with the first delivery.

Let the stacking begin :p

I'm still burning. My wife was wearing a sweater and a light jacket until I finally built a fire last night. I think we're getting closer to being done though.

No fire for us either. The wife did just ask me if we could turn the heat up she freezing....it's 70 in here........

Woke up to frost on the truck, and 58F in the house.

Burning uglies :mad:

We are supposed to be getting near 80 this weekend, come on down.
Firewood guy coming in two weeks. Time for my annual aerobics session! My back is starting to ache already...

Reactions: Dix
Status
Not open for further replies.