Wo ist meine deutschen Freunde auf dem Oktoberfest! Prost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I love me a good beer ;lol Cheers and no I am not drunk !

Pete

You know as many times as I have been to the north east ( A LOT ) I have never been to or through Big Tupper to my knowledge ! Hmm maybe I will smell my way to the beer and find Big Tupper ;ex

Pete

Big Tupper was closed for over 10 years, just opened back up about 2 or 3 years ago then last year we had chit for snow so that hurt the bottom line big time. It use to be a nice place to ski.

zap

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Already had Oktobefest in Seattle, in September.? <>

Only 7 months until Cinco de Mayo.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Already had Oktobefest in Seattle, in September.? <>

Oktoberfest is always celebrated in September. I think the deal was that it traditionally ran for two weeks and ended on the first day of October.

Oktoberfests are my favorite brew. I try to sample as many different ones as I can each year. This year I started with a 12 pack of Sam Adams October... not great but not bad and its often the first to hit the shelves around here. Then I got some Becks Oktoberfest..getting closer to the source, but Becks is from Bremen, not Munich... or sadly I discovered that as of this year its from St. Louis (wth ??).

Ahhh.. Then Friday my wife comes home with a 6 pack of Spaten Oktoberfest.... MMMMMMMMM split that one with my Dad when he came over to see his grandkids Sat.

Someday I'll go to Munich for the real thing... someday....

My fav Oktoberfest from Munich is Spaten,followed closely by Paulaner.Tried some Ayringer on Friday night,its right up there.Domestic its Leinenkugel Oktoberfest from Chippewa Falls,WI followed closely by Millstream Brewing of Amana,IA's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.