Wolves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1kzwoman

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2013
West near Yellowstone
I live on a small Wyoming town near Yellowstone , not Jackson Hole... more central part of state.
This year we are seeing Elk on outskirts of town for the first time in nearly 60 years.
We haven't had the wolves in town YET , but don't think it will be long as they follow food source.
We have deer and moutain lions in town mostly younger of both species.
I wonder if those of you near the Canadian border have same thoughts...I'd like to export a few wolves to California

They are everywhere.

Haven't seen any in town thou only in the bush. Seen the arse of a Grey a while back.

I saw a wolf in Glacier Park. It made a move on a yearling moose but the Mom brought them out to deeper water. It then gazed across the lake at us.

The size made an impression on me. Also the fact that we were three days from anywhere, in the woods, with a hungry wolf, and without a firearm (rules at the time)...

I saw a wolf in Glacier Park. It made a move on a yearling moose but the Mom brought them out to deeper water. It then gazed across the lake at us.

The size made an impression on me. Also the fact that we were three days from anywhere, in the woods, with a hungry wolf, and without a firearm (rules at the time)...

Yup Peter and the wolf story is fact based, as is "wolves at the door"

dc827d79f9888cc7f2192e4d32bfe661.jpg
0a82bfffd19729e4eb7137e6018336f2.jpg
af323524cc89253c48c7510bae8f34bf.jpg

We have had large herds on our property some close to 200, this is a small group I thought it surprising we never seen any large predatory animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.