Won a hat with my maul swinging ability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colsmith

Feeling the Heat
Apr 11, 2006
near Milwaukee, WI
I was at Summerfest, which along with being the world's largest music festival also has various corporate displays promoting their products or brand. Saw one of those things you hit with a big mallet, and there is a thing that goes up past various lines and markings, and a bell at the top. Watched a guy hit it, and the thingie went up halfway. He took another swing and rang the bell. I said, "I could do that, it is just like swinging a maul." Hubby says, "Get in line." (He has a bad elbow/shoulder combo and can't actually do the two handed swing.)

Mind you the chart of how high you get the little thingie to go up is marked with men's faces, lowest is clean-shaven, then a mustache, then a goatee, then an actual beard, at the top is a really hairy guy with sideburns, beard, and mustache, says Grizzly Man. So the woman running the thing explains to me that if I can get it half way up I win a frisbee, ringing the bell wins the hat, and you get two tries. I take the mallet, take one swing, ring the bell. I get a hat, and the woman tells me I am only the third woman to ring the bell that day. HA! Moral of the story, splitting wood can win you a hat. :) Was a little annoyed that basically it proclaimed me a hairy he man, but still I was proud, and my two friends who were also along were impressed.

Hey props to you for ringing that bell...see all that wood splitting did pay off.

Well swing that maul and call me Harry! Congratulations and wear that hat proudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.