Wonder where's winter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
57F here today and sunny. Some plants are already showing young leaf sprouts. And daffodils are about 8" tall.

I know it's not in Alberta, we don't even have enough snow to cover the little bit of stubble in the fields. Lots of days above 0 °C , nothing fancy like double digits above or anything, but still way way better then most years.

Denver/Boulder metro area, while not the biggest snow ever, was the heaviest 12 hour accumulation in the past 81 years. Near Boulder we got maybe 16 to 18 inches with a lot of wind. Not that cold though: 22 this AM, forecast to be around 16 tomorrow morning. Typical for storms. (mid 40s high/low 20s typical for clear wx around here.)

Regards,

Found it:

Attachments

• snow.jpeg
    snow.jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 169
This past Wednesday nearly hit 50*. A few groups of bluebirds showed up to investigate the nest box I put up at work. The camera was maxed out on zoom, as I was unable to get close to the birds.

We are just stuck in a nice pattern of over 30* daytime temps and just below freezing nights. Ice fishing was a no-go this winter, but I'm not complaining. My compost pile is not even frozen.

Attachments

• DSC00495.jpg
    DSC00495.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC00499.jpg
    DSC00499.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.