Wondering about a fellow pellet stove lover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
I have not seen any posts this fall by "Smokey the bear"

Anyone know of his whereabouts ?????

I've seen him hanging out at the other stove site.

Thanks

Was worried that he had fallen ill

Yeah, he's all over there. Retired but busier than ever from the sounds of it.

I have not seen any posts this fall by "Smokey the bear"

Anyone know of his whereabouts ?????

I was wondering the same thing myself. I checked and he had been on this site recently. Also, checked out that other site and about the first thing I bump into is the "Pellet Pigs". I know that was his baby.

Tom

Reactions: bogieb
Depending on your opinion there is or there isn't another pellet stove site where a lot of former members have chosen to hang out at. I check in there every so often but hang here. If your after the other site send me a Pm and I'll provide the address.

There are a bunch of them over there, tberg, hoss, Spock, well several. I haven't joined there yet. May or may not join there.

When folks move, there is usually a reason /??

I had a look see, and saw a lot of old regulars.

Hmmmmmm

When folks move, there is usually a reason /??

I had a look see, and saw a lot of old regulars.

Hmmmmmm
Yes well no comment on that. Those reasons can be a two way street sometimes !! LOL

Seems I find my self spending less time on either site ........................... check for new stuff both places, mostly same old crap, but there ain't no law sayin' ya gotta pick just one, I'd still check iburncorn if it was runnin'

Seems I find my self spending less time on either site ........................... check for new stuff both places, mostly same old crap, but there ain't no law sayin' ya gotta pick just one, I'd still check iburncorn if it was runnin'
I wouldn't be on here right now if I didn't just have knee surgery LOL. Just sayin. Kinda stuck here gimpin around the house.

Reactions: bogieb

Hoss, I'd check iburncorn as well if it was running something other than what is on it currently. I'm a curious critter by nature so I do a lot of snooping and sometimes I even post. As far as forums are concerned the one I'm a member of with the most people (several hundred thousand) active on it is Backyard Chickens, next in line is Zealot, then Webmaster World and so on. Just not into posting a lot these days and definatly not into a lot of screen (or manual) reading. So I'll just say read your manuals several times over, do a lot of thinking about what is in the manual and implied by the manual, keep the stove system from air intake to beyond the vent termination cap clean. I don't believe you when you tell me or anyone on a forum that your stove is clean enough to eat off of. I'm alive, staying warm, brewing, and well along in getting ready for winter, just not burning pellets this season if things stay as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.