Wondering how many pellets stoves you own.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One does the trick for me :cheese:

Three total. One Bixby 115 in house main floor and another 115 in the shop. One Bixby UBB in the basement to be used only when the -0 plus nothwest wind starts. The advantage is I can rob parts from one to another if needed. For what it's worth I bought all on E-Bay new and cheap. No warranty or dealer to complain about. lol

one, but thinking of a 2nd to get the basement warm. I am sick of abandoning my finished basement in the winter

One and a kicker. My Omega heats the house well. But I just can part with my older quad. I have it hooked to the woodstove flue just in case. I might drag it upstairs and use it in the living area for looks and the bad cold weather. But right now its just a backup unit along with the woodstove.

So it looks like 1 does the trick for most. I still cant wait to sell my king and get 2 englanders next week.

Currently have a Whitfield insert and Harman P-38.

2 per my signature

See sig...

3 stoves one breckwell 2700 in my living room .1 new englander summer heat sp55 upstairs in my family room . one breckwell big easy just installed in my pole barn

Four (4)
Two quadrafire 1000
one Whitfield prodigy II
One Whitfield Advantage II

3 stoves upstairs to take care of 2400 feet.

Very open and spacious with no hallways.

We use the quad upstairs as a backup as its an auto lighter.
great if we have to leave overnight.

The Whitfield Prodigy is very small and fills the need in moderate weather and as the temps drop, we use the Advantage and if it gets colder we add the Prodigy back into the mix to help out.

If the temps drop into the low teens to single digits we will kick the Quad on and allow it to help out.

Sort of a mix and match system.

I have never found any one stove that will do it all for the fllor plan we have. Just too spread out.

I hate having the temp do an up and down, up and down thing. I like it to stay even at around 70F

The small stove does great during weather that is around 50-55 F outside. Below that it just can't handle it.

Been doing the Pellet stove thing since the 92 season

Snowy

Two here. One Astoria came with the house when we bought it. This fall I was late getting firewood for the wood burner in the playroom and was looking around for some. Guess what - found a three year old Astoria for $500! An extra ton of pellets and I'm good to go. I won't miss fooling around with lighting the wood fire every night!

2 here, see my signature..........

Status
Not open for further replies.