Wondering what will be the lowest price of the good brands at the end of this season....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
I am talking about brands like:

barefoot
hamer
greene team
cubex
okanagan

anyone guess?

There's a place that has a sale going on for $239 for these brands:
Barefoot
Turman
Hamer Hot Ones

That’s like predicting what the stock market will do, but the prices seem very low!

Geek,

For our area, I am hearing between $225 to $250. Its just hear say. But the $239 does hit the range. I am not going to buy all mine just yet. But I will start getting some.

If the fossils stay low, pellets should drop even more. I think the oil cost did hurt the pellet sales this year. IMO the ones that will survive have to lower prices to lure the fossil burners back to pellets.

Last year everyone was saying lack of fiber was going to make pellets scarce and drive up prices. Some how they found the fiber or people just didn't buy pellets do to low fossil fuel prices. This year there is plenty of pellets left from last year and Plenty of fiber. Factors for low pellet cost's.

There is a good chance we might see even lower prices, But just in case I want to get some. Maybe half my stash. Then sit and wait like I did last year. I will pick up the rest right at the last minute.

Just my 2
jay

It is a guessing game every year it seems for one reason or another. Hopefully we will see true "early bird" price
specials return again this spring. The so called specials last spring were a joke in my area.
$300 a ton is NOT a deal IMO no matter what brand they are.

Yep we will see. In my area there were no deals last year.
I only shop within a ten mile radius of my home
though and it seems these places never drop the
pricing on the big name pellets.

i live bout 30 min from turman mill and i was told today they are gonna run a sale (175. a ton) on premium hardwood pellets. as soon as i get me stove im gonna get a load. heck i was gonna burn corn but with a price like that ill burn pellets any day!

Depending on the trucking cost we will have the Cubex "Northern" pellets for $230 or $235. NEWP for $225 but I am expecting that price to drop due to slow sales in NY.

I bought a ton of Energex pellets a couple weeks ago at $200 a ton. The guy there said hopefully the next load will be even cheaper. These pellets are made about a half hour away from me and are premiun hardwood pellets. They smell like walnut. These pellets are working great for me. Lots of heat.

Meneillys Woodland Products said:
Depending on the trucking cost we will have the Cubex "Northern" pellets for $230 or $235. NEWP for $225 but I am expecting that price to drop due to slow sales in NY.

Now we are talking, $230 to 235/ton for cubies is very NICE!

jtakeman said:
Geek,

Here is BT Ent. projected spring special.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/52184/

http://www.btpellet.com/

Looks like my little birdy was on the money!

jay

thanks jay, seems they updated the web page later yesterday, good to know.
Now the $225 price......what brands do you think will be at that range? If it is something like ACP or Inferno no way..!!!

I'd be willing to pay that price for brands like Barefoot or Okies.

What you think?

geek said:
jtakeman said:
Geek,

jay

Now the $225 price......what brands do you think will be at that range? If it is something like ACP or Inferno no way..!!!

What you think?

I think its a bit soon to call yet. But I also don't think it will be on the Inferno's and ACP's. They should be cheaper. Okies might be in there though. The only thing the "birdy" told me was a price range, Didn't mention brands and I didn't ask either. My mind was on the money and not the pellets. I know very bad! Must alway thinkx pellets!

I would have to say $245/ton on some the good brands should be pretty close. I can go for that. Beats the crap out of last years prices anyway.

jtakeman said:
geek said:
jtakeman said:
Geek,

jay

What you think?

I think its a bit soon to call yet. But I also don't think it will be on the Inferno's and ACP's. They should be cheaper. Okies might be in there though. The only thing the "birdy" told me was a price range, Didn't mention brands and I didn't ask either. My mind was on the money and not the pellets. I know very bad! Must alway thinkx pellets!

I would have to say $245/ton on some the good brands should be pretty close. I can go for that. Beats the crap out of last years prices anyway.
I did find out that it is on some of his good name brands, and he is going to drop some of the lower quality brands he carried this year.

Sure is frustrating to see good prices in Western MA, CT. and other parts of the country, but we can't get a break in the metro Boston area, or north. Anyone hear of any bargains in northeast MA or southern NH??

countk said:
Sure is frustrating to see good prices in Western MA, CT. and other parts of the country, but we can't get a break in the metro Boston area, or north. Anyone hear of any bargains in northeast MA or southern NH??

Sounds like you need a fork lift large area and a need for making little money! You can be the first in the area to sell pellets at an affordable price to the masses and do what I did have your customer base grow x5 from the first year! Money pellets at a lower cost can make the same money as a couple at a high price.

countk said:
i'm in the western mass area(as far west as you can get without leaving the state) and i haven't seen any bargains around here.i sure don't consider $280-$300+ per ton a real bargain.

When I was referring to Western Mass I was talking about the Okies at Squire's Lumber, Monson, but perhaps that is more central Mass.

countk said:

Acton Mass $245 a ton for NEWP, $249 a ton for Okies.

Watchin and waitin to see what the better brands are going to do in price.

Just found Infernos for $200.00 a ton pickup.
I did not like them myself, but the brand I am interested in is still at $295.00 a ton.... >:-(

SXIPro said:
countk said:

Interesting how close those two quotes are.

Stentor said:
SXIPro said:
countk said:

Interesting how close those two quotes are.

Yup, and they have Corinth for $242.00 So the Okies are a no-brainer. WAAAAAY better pellet for 7 buck more a ton.

preacherbiggin said:
i live bout 30 min from turman mill and i was told today they are gonna run a sale (175. a ton) on premium hardwood pellets. as soon as i get me stove im gonna get a load. heck i was gonna burn corn but with a price like that ill burn pellets any day!
Lucky you! Love those pellets. I think delivery to Ct would be just a tad high. Going to keep my eyes open for end of the season or early buy specials and grab a couple tons.

I can get Hamer Hot ones for $225 a ton and Energex for $200 a ton in my area right now. Both good pellets imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.