Won't burn on low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Couse

Sep 24, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
My friend called me to take a look at his pellet stove. It lights fine and will burn without a problem when it is set on medium or high heat. However, when set on low, the burn pot fills with pellets and the fire goes out. I checked and cleaned everything I could think of. The burn pot looks fine, vacuum switch and hose are operating perfectly, and vent piping is clean. Any suggestions?

Try checking all gaskets and door seals. May want to increase the trim on the exhaust motor or increase the air intake.

Did you clean the termination cap, all ash traps, the combustion blower and the cavity it sits in?

Make certain that all of the burn pot slots or holes are clear, the area above the burn pot and to both sides and around any heat exchanger tubes. Hopefully no one has hit the damper etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.