1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. Brian Couse

Brian Couse New Member

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    My friend called me to take a look at his pellet stove. It lights fine and will burn without a problem when it is set on medium or high heat. However, when set on low, the burn pot fills with pellets and the fire goes out. I checked and cleaned everything I could think of. The burn pot looks fine, vacuum switch and hose are operating perfectly, and vent piping is clean. Any suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    If you provide the make and model of the unit that will help us help you....
  3. papa bears stove

papa bears stove Member

Loc:
    Marathon, NY
    Try checking all gaskets and door seals. May want to increase the trim on the exhaust motor or increase the air intake.
  4. Brian Couse

Brian Couse New Member

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Lopi-heritage bay.

It's an insert
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Did you clean the termination cap, all ash traps, the combustion blower and the cavity it sits in?

Make certain that all of the burn pot slots or holes are clear, the area above the burn pot and to both sides and around any heat exchanger tubes. Hopefully no one has hit the damper etc ...