Wont shut Off? Sthil MS250...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Had a little trouble for the first time ever today with the saw. Seemed to be bogging down, rough to start, etc. Air filter was dirty and so was the plug, all good and started right up. Now it wont shut down, had to flood it to shut it off. Think what happened was that I did not have the switch all the way down in the cold start position before removing the cover and popped something out off place. Seems to be a small issue but cant figure it out.

Look in the handle assembly, if that's where the switch is, for a prong attached to the On/Off switch. I've had the wire come off my 200T a couple times over the years.

The exact same thing happened to my MS250 a few days after I bought it (I was very disappointed). That wire with the connector that is just hanging there is for the cutoff switch. You did not disconnect it when you pulled the cover, it was already disconnected (from vibrations?) and that's why your saw would not turn off. It took me awhile to figure where it connects back up to but it's at the bottom of the switch/lever that your finger is on. It connects at a right angle to the length of the saw.

Ted

Got it guys. The real issue hear was the brass J shaped tension spring. It somehow got under the assembly, should be on top. Up and running/stopping now.

Ted T nailed it. Happens with me once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.