Wont start in Room Temp. But does in Stove temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

Forgive me if I could have found in Search, but just got home from work.
Stove has run fine all winter. Shut down last night. Cleaned once a week. Try to start stove in Room Temp, the combustion fan starts and stops almost straight away. In test Mode all Motors run.
Just decided to try something and turned it on in Stove Temp Mode. It was starting to run. Did not shut down.
I have never run in stove mode, so will have to read up what it does.
However, what Am I looking at here with it not starting in Room Temp.

Edit.. Just turned the Temp Dial up the smallest amount, and it started in Room Temp. Now I'm more confused.

Last edited:
The pot switch may have developed a bad spot. Easy project to replace DSCN0299.JPG Is a known issue

It may be of benefit to read through the Harman sticky. It covers a lot ans is a good read.

Been reading while waiting for replies. Have been looking at them for a few years. Every time I look at them , there's something else I missed.
Also I have a few of those Pot Switches. Bought them off EBay a couple of years ago. Was told they may go. After it fired up by tweeking the temp dial, I have been heading in that direction. Just have to practice my soldering again I guess.
Thanks Guys

Could indicate the room is already at the temp selected and by moving it up it now kicked on.

Could indicate the room is already at the temp selected and by moving it up it now kicked on.
Good thought, but the wife tried starting it this morning. Room temp was only 63. Dial on stove set at around 72-75. I tweaked it from just below th e5 to just on the 5 when it started. Kind of thinking Bioburner is on it with the pot switch.
Thanks for the reply Tony.

Could be your room temp sensing probe is starting to act up and sensing an inaccurate temp in the room. If it works fine in Stove Temp mode( temp sensor not in play) and you are able to adjust the temp knob 1-7 with no issues, then it's not that pot. Check your room sensing probe and make sure it hasn't fallen from where you normally have it to a different location (like near the cold floor)

talked to dealer. Almost certain the Pod is wearing. Another sign is if I turn the dial down to 1, it should shut off blower and flame , to scrape the Pot. This doesn't. If I fiddle it a little then do it It sometimes does.

Status
Not open for further replies.