Wood addiction is warping my thinking!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The camping this weekend will give me my fire fix for now. Processed up some pallets just so the park service doesn't give me flak about transporting firewood even though I'm not even leaving the county. This is almost like a shoulder to the shoulder season. The upstairs is staying warm, but the basement living room where the stove is steadily losing its heat and may force me to start a fire in about a week or so just keep it tolerable down there. I'm not 3 years ahead so I have to keep reminding myself that the longer I can wait the more wood I'll have for when I really need it.

We'll I didn't get the fire pit going last night after all. Instead I processed some of my firewood for next year. Splitting and stacking was a fun fix for now...
That'll warm you up for now , as is said - firewood warms you twice;)

Reactions: BillLion
Patience for sure. I don't mind those fire starters but seeing that torch just has never looked right for starting fires. Nope, it just is not right. ;)

After burning my fingers many times with matches and lighters... A torch is the ONLY way to go.

Wish I could have a fire pit. My town is fanatical about outdoor fires and will throw a fine at you in a heartbeat if you don't have a permit to burn.
Remember, you vote with your feet. You can move.

Some towns around here have banned yard waste burning, but still allow camp fires. People living in those towns just set up some lawn chairs around their fire pit, whenever they have yard waste to burn.

Reactions: PapaDave
Haha! When I burn yard waste I sit there and watch it anyway

Its sort of like Neo and the Matrix. The awesomeness of wood hobby was always there, but we could not see it until our minds were freed by Morpheus.
I couldn't see it until I finally started getting my wood dry enough. >>

I installed a new Jotul F600 late last February and just got to burn it a few months leading into spring. Fortunately, we had a cold spring, so I got more time to become familiar with the stove. However, we didn't have any long cold snaps where it stayed below freezing, so I haven't yet loaded the stove full to see what she can do
I still don't have everyone far enough ahead that I supply, so the longer it's warm, the better. But I am interested to see how the Keystone does in the dead winter, not just the spring and fall. :)

Wish I could have a fire pit. My town is fanatical about outdoor fires and will throw a fine at you in a heartbeat if you don't have a permit to burn.
Get a fake beard, a pointy hat and a magic staff. When the cops show up tell them its part of your religion and you're simply exercising your constitutional rights.

Rainy damp 59 this evening. My old bones have a strong dislike to damp fall weather. Started up the wood stove with some small black birch and a chunk of pine. It's a nice 74 in the house just perfect for shorts and a tee, watching college football and sipping a cold entertaining beverage. Won't light up the boiler till early November.

Status
Not open for further replies.