Wood Air Freshener for Vehicle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
I had a few freshly milled red oak boards in the back seat of my truck from the weekend. I forgot about them and when the sun hit the truck yesterday and heated it up it got all kinds of smelly in there.

Anyway, it got me to thinking...I can't stand the smell of the store bought air fresheners...but a couple cookies of cherry or white oak on a hot summer day might not be a bad thing.

Someone try it and report back ;)

You may be onto a use for the odd ball length rounds.

Or a new seasoning technique:
Maybe use the back seat to season wood for a week or so, the R&R it with fresh stuff. LOL :)

Reactions: Gark
I think oak is pretty bad smelling myself, i would choose cedar. I have had a bag of cedar chips in my car for months and when hot it smells like cedar.

Reactions: Applesister
Just some sawdust will do the trick. Nice if you get sassafras or cedar or something similar.

I had a few freshly milled red oak boards in the back seat of my truck from the weekend. I forgot about them and when the sun hit the truck yesterday and heated it up it got all kinds of smelly in there.

Anyway, it got me to thinking...I can't stand the smell of the store bought air fresheners...but a couple cookies of cherry or white oak on a hot summer day might not be a bad thing.

Someone try it and report back ;)

reminds me of when i leave my helmet and other riding gear in the car over night and the car is stained with this hideous smell of muddy sweat for days....hahah

I'll try sass cookies, Hopefully add an "s" to what my truck currently smells like.<>

Probably put some in the boys' room, too!

Heheh. This thread is cool. Lukem's mobile wood seasoning greenhouse. Might be a way to accelerate the drying phase for getting it down below 20% MC for the stove. LOL

Get a patent on it Lukem. Before somebody else does!

Status
Not open for further replies.