wood boiler add on ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenupstateny

Nov 6, 2013
jordanville ny
in need of some help if I may ?? I have an old 1780's home in NY . The oil boiler is a PV83wt burnem ,with a loop of 1"1/4 around the basement with smaller copper t off of that ,in and out . they go to the radiators through out the house . Now I just added a wood boiler thermo- control 550 . We just piped into the loop . Is that right or do I need to have a storage tank ?? the current system has an expansion tank and taco pump . I can give you more details if needed but I need to start some were for I am getting no were right now as in 70 degree water serc through the house at max please help ..

The science of hydronics is quite complicated, and explaining it all in a post is going to be very difficult. It sounds like you have a one pipe system - this is quite normal.

But as far as the control and how you pipe the wood boiler in, there are lots of variables.

First thing - can you point us to the specs on that boiler? I don't see that exact model number on the thermo-control site.

Status
Not open for further replies.