Wood Box - plans or purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dottie

Jan 11, 2008
Virginia
I want to purchase or build a simple wood box to keep a supply of wood in. Right now I have a nylon carrier that fits over a black aluminum rack. It works fine, but doesn't hold all that much wood.

I was thinking if I could build or buy a wooden one with a hinged top I could put a cushion on it for an extra seat. I've seen these in pictures, but haven't had any luck in locating one.

I was hoping to find plans for a simple one on line, but so far all I can find is one for kindling and one made of plywood.

Does anyone know where I can find plans or maybe purchase a wooden bench/chest woodbox?

Thank you for your help.

Dottie

This one was easy to make (sorry no plans). I put in casters, so it could be rolled over to the door, but I've since modified it to sit on sliding furniture movers, and that works much better. I can take a picture of that if you like.

I decided to not put a top on mine. I don't get many flying insects, and I don't mind seeing the wood.

Attachments

• WoodBox.jpg
    WoodBox.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 372
  • WoodBoxCasters.jpg
    WoodBoxCasters.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 381
Thanks guys. I think these are really good. Maybe a modification of a couple to get just the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.