Wood Brought Home and Stacked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob95065

Burning Hunk
Aug 13, 2013
Felton, CA
Two summers ago I stockpiled firewood at my friend Steve's house. Our house was for sale and I figured I woudl be too busy to gather firewood once we bought a new house. We bought a new house and moved in the middle of this August. I was right, I have no free time!

Steve moved this past Saturday so I had to move the wood. I hauled 3 cords midweek and 3 cords on Friday. I also helped Steve move and did some work around the house this weekend. I am tired!

Anyway, here's our firewood for this winter and next.

Firewood_zpsc1b6e1b1.jpg

firewood1_zps4ac582e5.jpg

firewood2_zps7b7eb075.jpg

firewood4_zpsfc958f60.jpg

That has to be a great feeling. Well done.

Good job.
A good tired &
You get that "good feeling" every time you look at the stacks.
Great pictures.

Thanks for the replies. I am new to this site and appreciate the feedback.

I heated with wood for 10 years at our last house and grew up with wood heat in Illinois. I am glad to live in a place where we have a little land so I can process firewood at home. I am also happy to have found this web board.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Great job and I love that army cart you got there, it looks like an Army jeep, any more pics of that?

Sweet, thanks...

Beautiful looking place you live in - where are you and how high (elevation) up are you?

Oh and welcome ==c

Welcome to the forum Bob.

Nice work and you are fortunate that amount of wood will last 2 winters! Now you need to get busy as soon as possible so you can get 3 years ahead and then stay 3 years ahead always. The benefits of doing this are great.

Looks great ! Bob . Looks like your out in the boonies , as we like to say out here in The Mountains . ;) Welcome to the forum , looks peaceful .

I got the GPS out last night. We are at 475' above sea level.

Felton is a really nice place. Our town has 6500 people living in it. We have a Safeway and restaurants less than 2 miles from the house. We are 1 mile from Henry Cowell Redwood State Park. We have a tourist attraction called Roring Camp about a mile away. They run steam trains up the mountain. It's far enough away so the whistle is a pleasant sound and not obnoxious.

We are 7 miles from Santa Cruz (population 60k) and 30 miles fron San Jose (population 900k). It is nice because we enjoy peace and quiet but have access to resources that cities offer.

The previous owner hired fly-by-night "contractors" to work on the house. I trust nothing they did. I spent four weekends fixing the concrete tile roof. I took today off to finish it up. They built an outdoor closet for the water heater that is sitting on dirt. The water heater is on the dirt too. That is going away next spring.

There are out of control blackberries everywhere. In the back of the house they are growing over the roof. The grass in the backyard is a concern but very low on the list.

Since we moved here the middle of August I lost 19 pounds. I work all weekend and after work until I go to bed. I am "racing the rain". It rains here from about November to April every year. I have a list that needs to get done before the rains start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Seems to me that you are living your own dream - keep working things can only get easier. I have been to America ~ 10 times and the best part for me wasn't all the tourist attractions but some of the spectacular drives i made. We had friends in Flagstaff who we stayed with for a couple of weeks and i really enjoyed the surroundings. Also the drive from LA to Vegas via Yosemite is right up there. It is one of the main reasons i live where i do now. the majority of people think of Australia as deserts and beach but i live ~ 1600 feet with trees everywhere. This is the end of my street - i never take for granted.

800px-Sherbrooke_forest_Victoria_220rs.jpg

Seems to me that you are living your own dream - keep working things can only get easier. I have been to America ~ 10 times and the best part for me wasn't all the tourist attractions but some of the spectacular drives i made. We had friends in Flagstaff who we stayed with for a couple of weeks and i really enjoyed the surroundings. Also the drive from LA to Vegas via Yosemite is right up there. It is one of the main reasons i live where i do now. the majority of people think of Australia as deserts and beach but i live ~ 1600 feet with trees everywhere. This is the end of my street - i never take for granted.

View attachment 113993
That my friend is beautiful!

That my friend is beautiful!
It really is - i actually take a small detour every night when i finish work so i can drive up through the forest - i never get tired of looking / appreciating everything around us.

Its a nice fine place you live as well. I spent a bit of time around BC did all the tourist things but i spent a little time in a place called Spokane - not sure why I just liked it and had some spare time....;lol

It really is - i actually take a small detour every night when i finish work so i can drive up through the forest - i never get tired of looking / appreciating everything around us..;lol

Auzzie, I do the exactly the same. and I'll drive out of the way through the patch, kallista, sherbrooke forest into sassafras and down mountain highway just to go to bunnings haha.

I'll drive out of the way through the patch, kallista, sherbrooke forest into sassafras and down mountain highway just to go to bunnings haha.
ypu will have to drive past my road - One tree hill Road (Very inapt name...) mines the one with all the firewood round the back.::-)

Reactions: Hills Hoard
It really is - i actually take a small detour every night when i finish work so i can drive up through the forest - i never get tired of looking / appreciating everything around us.

Its a nice fine place you live as well. I spent a bit of time around BC did all the tourist things but i spent a little time in a place called Spokane - not sure why I just liked it and had some spare time....;lol
We are blessed here in the Elk valley with beautiful mountains, river and forested views. Just like you I never grow tired of the scenery. Right now the mountains are snow capped and the leaves are turning colour with a chance of flurries for tonight. If I remember correctly Spokane is about a 5 hour drive south west of us. I like it there, nice town and nice people. Time to go home and lite the stove!

Welcome to the forum. It looks like you live in a beautiful area. Wood looks like its ready to go.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.