Wood Buck / Limb Cutting Stand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunderliggur

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2009
Lothian, MD
I built this limb cutting stand based on some pics posted here a couple of weeks ago. I can't find the OP but thanks for the great idea. I built this on a pallet base so I can move it easily with my Bobcat. I use a big round as a counter weight. I cut to 18" so this handles 6 to 8 foot material easily. It is 1 foot deep and 4 feet tall. I have about 30 - 40 Cords of material to process from clearing my land 3 1/2 years ago for the house and animal paddocks (about 2 acres). I set aside anything worth burning and chipped the rest. I load the material at the pile about 200 yards from my wood shed/boiler room and drive it over. I cut it at the shed and either use it right away or stack it. It is <20% MC and burns vey well in my boiler.

Attachments

• WoodBuck.jpg
    WoodBuck.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 262
  • WoodLoad.jpg
    WoodLoad.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 260
  • WoodCut.jpg
    WoodCut.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 268
  • WoodShed.jpg
    WoodShed.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 259
  • WoodPile.jpg
    WoodPile.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 251
That would be nice to be able to load it and then raise it to do the cutting. It would save the back for sure. Nice work.

Maybe a milk crate?

Status
Not open for further replies.