wood burner id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iatrapper

Jan 27, 2014
Iowa
Anyone ever seen or herd of this one? I think the metal tag on it says little jhony, it's hard to make out. Hopefully I got the picture to come up.

Attachments

• 2014-03-10_19-09-15_935.jpg
    2014-03-10_19-09-15_935.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 229
Never heard of it, but looks like it's installed too close to combustibles.

Are you looking to buy this stove to install in your home? Shop? Is this currently at your residence? What are you looking to do with the unit?

Never heard of it, but looks like it's installed too close to combustibles.

Are you looking to buy this stove to install in your home? Shop? Is this currently at your residence? What are you looking to do with the unit?
I put it in my garage last fall, the picture does make it look to close but it's not, 18 inches on the side and 18 inches from the stove pipe. I was just wondering if anyone new anything about it.

Looks like it was shop built, not a production model.

An untested and certified stove requires 36" clearance to combustibles from the sides and from the back of the stove. The 18" rule is for floor protection, not walls. The 36" clearance can be reduced with a proper form of NFPA211 wall protection. I would screw some cement board or sheet metal on 1" spacers to protect the stud in back of and to the side of the stove. Leave a 1" ventilation gap at the bottom of each wall shield.

Last edited:
yes what begreen said but that will still only cut clearance by a third so it would be 24". 18" to the pipe is right atleast

Reactions: Owen1508
i stand corrected that's what i get for trusting my memory.

U guys r full of good info, I'll b putting up some cement board spaced away from the wall and moving the stove out farther. All I've ever Ben told is 18 inches Is good.

Reactions: pen
U guys r full of good info, I'll b putting up some cement board spaced away from the wall and moving the stove out farther. All I've ever Ben told is 18 inches Is good.

With that proper wall shield, right where it sits at 18 inches away should be just fine.

How's the old girl work as a heater for the garage? Looks like one heck of a setup with the blower on it!

i stand corrected that's what i get for trusting my memory.

I know the feeling, trusting memory at my age gets on thin ice.

With that proper wall shield, right where it sits at 18 inches away should be just fine.

How's the old girl work as a heater for the garage? Looks like one heck of a setup with the blower on it!
I can get it up to 70 when it's in the upper teens outside, takes a while with no ceiling and no insulation. Hope to get the garage insulated this year. Only one blower works but it's more than enough. I've got it disconnected from the chimney right now, going to sand it down and hit it with the high temp paint. Pretty happy with it.

looks like it should do fine for a shop heater. What type of chimney does it run into?

Status
Not open for further replies.