Wood Burning Culture of Norway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
I don't speak Norwegian, but from this article, http://tv.yahoo.com/news/norway-plans-12-hour-prime-time-tv-show-162045166.html, I was able to find what they were referring to, http://tv.nrk.no/serie/nasjonal-vedkveld/dvnr30003513/15-02-2013 A Norwegian firewood documentary, and they sound like a bunch of Muppets Swedish Chefs, lol. Nice looking stacks, tools etc. Wish I could understand what they're saying. I was looking for the 12 hour fire, to put on the HDTV 50" Plasma in the summer. somehow, I get the feeling they don't have burn restrictions.

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
That actually sounds kinda cool though. At christmas I've put on the TV the channel here that has a burning fire all day and compare there's to mine.;)

A couple of days ago I was reading some older threads about Holz Hauzen and saw, repeated a few times, the idea that the splits need to be sloped inward for stability. About 40 minutes into this video you can watch one being built with the splits angled to be higher towards the middle, which makes sense to me in that it would shed rain rather than pulling it in.

I actually watched most of it. In company time. I'd never spend 2 hours of my time watching Norwegian wood. The guys at work probably think I am even more odd now, but I don't care. Check out 23:00 or so, 55:00 or so and 1:33.

I think I want to move to Norway.

They have a very dry sense of humour.

Would you like round or square frozen pizza for supper tonite ?

Attachments

• Optimized-fire.jpg
    Optimized-fire.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.