Wood burning on Bloomberg.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
article is pretty tough on the pollution angle isnt it. old subliminal message is still there. of course the wood stoves emit more solid pm inthe heating category , but the hydrocarbons, greenhouse gasses are higher in oil stove exhaust. NG is cleaner, but i talk regularly to customers with 700+ monthly gas bills, can they be blamed for wanting to burn wood at 15% of the monthly cost , heck the difference monthly is a morgage payment MONTHLY!!!

irks me to tears that articles like this seem to portray wood burners as polluters, notice the OWB slam in the article, emphasis on making all wood burners look bad, no real notice of how far the industry has gone since the phase 2 standard came out.

getting close to ash can material i guess so i'll cut it off now (stepping off my soapbox)

Yeah Stoveguy, that was my feeling too--the "powers that be" don't want the sheeple to step out of line and not be dependant on the man, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.