1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

"wood burning" scented air freshener?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by spot, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spot

spot New Member

Is there such a thing as an air freshener that is wood-fire scented?
    Either the candle-style or plug-in?

Part of the pleasure derived from a fireplace, woodstove or even an open campfire is the woodsy-smoky-pine-cedar-hickory-whatever smell given off by the burning wood.
    It would be nice to have the scent during the summer when the stove is cold.

Usually air fresheners are trying to cover up any smoky smells...it may take some convincing at Glade to make one that actually creates a smoky smell !

Would you buy one?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
    Would not buy one...I know what your saying though. Our consumption of local smoked meats and fish and smoked cheddar certainly goes up once the stove starts and the bite is in the air....Reminds me of some of the smoked char we were fortunate to be able to buy from the Inuit as far north as you can go in Quebec...
  3. My_3_Girls

My_3_Girls Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Send something to Yankee Candle.. They seem to have every smell under the sun. It's also worth a trip in the fall, just plan to spend the day at the store in South Deerfield, MA.
  4. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    I have a solution to the problem.

Start smoking your own meats. THat smokey smell will always be around if you've always got a pork shoulder, rack of ribs or a load of jerky in the smoker.

Trust me :)
  5. njtomatoguy

njtomatoguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maple Shade, NJ
    I socond that!!Ribs on BBQ outside-Ham in oven inside- If I could bottle this smell, I'd be a millionaire!!
  6. mtarbert

mtarbert Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maryland
    When I worked in a meat processing plant we used a Liquid Smoke in our smoke house for Hams and bacon.It is probably available from a local slaughterhouse or Cabellas.
    Mike
  7. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    maybe you can make your own with a a pinch of ash, eye of newt, and 3 drops of chicken blood.
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Actually, it is on the shelf at your local grocery store. And you don't have to smell the kill floor to get it.
  9. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Absolutely. I never thought of liquid smoke as a house air freshener, but if you pop some in one of those tart burners the whole house will stink of wood smoke in no time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.