"wood burning" scented air freshener?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot

Jun 27, 2006
Is there such a thing as an air freshener that is wood-fire scented?
Either the candle-style or plug-in?

Part of the pleasure derived from a fireplace, woodstove or even an open campfire is the woodsy-smoky-pine-cedar-hickory-whatever smell given off by the burning wood.
It would be nice to have the scent during the summer when the stove is cold.

Usually air fresheners are trying to cover up any smoky smells...it may take some convincing at Glade to make one that actually creates a smoky smell !

Would you buy one?

Would not buy one...I know what your saying though. Our consumption of local smoked meats and fish and smoked cheddar certainly goes up once the stove starts and the bite is in the air....Reminds me of some of the smoked char we were fortunate to be able to buy from the Inuit as far north as you can go in Quebec...

Send something to Yankee Candle.. They seem to have every smell under the sun. It's also worth a trip in the fall, just plan to spend the day at the store in South Deerfield, MA.

I have a solution to the problem.

Start smoking your own meats. THat smokey smell will always be around if you've always got a pork shoulder, rack of ribs or a load of jerky in the smoker.

Trust me :)

I socond that!!Ribs on BBQ outside-Ham in oven inside- If I could bottle this smell, I'd be a millionaire!!

When I worked in a meat processing plant we used a Liquid Smoke in our smoke house for Hams and bacon.It is probably available from a local slaughterhouse or Cabellas.
Mike

mtarbert said:
When I worked in a meat processing plant we used a Liquid Smoke in our smoke house for Hams and bacon.It is probably available from a local slaughterhouse or Cabellas.
Mike

Actually, it is on the shelf at your local grocery store. And you don't have to smell the kill floor to get it.

Absolutely. I never thought of liquid smoke as a house air freshener, but if you pop some in one of those tart burners the whole house will stink of wood smoke in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.