Wood Burning Stove Top Heat Powered Stove Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravedigger

Jan 1, 2013
Far Hill, MD
Will Blaze King Princess insert run a
Wood Burning Stove Top Heat Powered Stove Fan

Yeah but you will probably be disappointed in the performance.
The blades will turn, but the amount of resultant air movement is negligible.
My $.02 & I sold them for a while. Not that a lot of folks bought them...

Some folks get a kick out of them. Personally, I see them as more of an expensive novelty item than a useful component of a home heating system. YMMV Rick

I can tell you that one fan does not move much air across a stove, I would think that it would not do much with your insert. Is there a problem with your insert fan?

Does not do very much. I use it more for a visual indicator on when I need to reload and when stove is running hot.

I purchased one of these a few years ago and it worked awesome. Just have to make sure your stove top has room.

What Ozzy said. I bought one and I am very disappointed in its performance. And it was expensive too! Like Ozzy, I use it to tell me if the stove is running hot or cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.