Wood Buyer Pains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lostDuck

Oct 21, 2013
Windsor, CT
Well I thought I would post this for some laughs (or empathy). I had a guy deliver 3 year seasoned (35% on MM :mad:)) red oak but i planned on this happening and it was a good deal for 2 cords.

So after he offloads the wood i go inside to get the cash to pay him. He leaves and then I notice my fiskers is gone!

Anyone else have a theft issue before with the wood providers? Of course this was a CL deal and he will not return my calls.

wow, he's got some juevos to pull that

Well I thought I would post this for some laughs (or empathy). I had a guy deliver 3 year seasoned (35% on MM :mad:)) red oak but i planned on this happening and it was a good deal for 2 cords.

So after he offloads the wood i go inside to get the cash to pay him. He leaves and then I notice my fiskers is gone!

Anyone else have a theft issue before with the wood providers? Of course this was a CL deal and he will not return my calls.
If it were me, I would find the fiskars some where else a few days later.

Check craigslist. If it's there, call and set up a "meeting place " to buy your fiskars back. (heh heh!)::-)

So, you bought 2 cord of wood for a Fiskar's axe? Good trade!

Reactions: Lumber-Jack
So, you bought 2 cord of wood for a Fiskar's axe? Good trade!

The way I read it is that the guy was paid, then left, then lost duck found the axe missing. Is that right?

Well a $50 dollar axe for 2 cords of wood sounds like a good deal to me. Although being stolen from is never a good feeling

I always have the money in my pocket and never leave anyone I don't know alone, I don't trust anyone.

Sorry for not being clear .... I paid 250 for the wood and he took the axe.... Lesson learned..

$125/cord for oak? That's a great deal! Call him and tell him to drop off 2 more loads and you'll have another axe for him!

Reactions: Tom Wallace
I would leave a message on his phone that says you will call the police it the ax is not returned in 24hrs. Not much trouble tracking a phone number or CL add to a person.

Check craigslist. If it's there, call and set up a "meeting place " to buy your fiskars back. (heh heh!)::-)

That's what we did.

A couple years ago we had 4 horse saddles stolen from the tack room of our shed. We filed a police report and started watching craigslist daily. Sure enough about 3 weeks later there they were. DW called the cops to let them know we found them. A detective stopped by the house and set up a sting. He posed as DW's boyfriend and they went to the guy's house to buy a saddle for "their daughter." They had identifiable markings on the underside. BUSTED!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.