Wood cart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsruther

Minister of Fire
Oct 28, 2008
Northern Kentucky
I had a shopping cart that someone dropped off at my house last winter as a joke.
I knew there was something I could use it for so I held onto it.
Then this past summer, when I was thinking about making a wood cart to carry my wood in the house, I got an idea.
Here's the result
2j7fh4.jpg

Nice. Do you have a step to go up? I got a cart with bigger wheels with the thought it'd be easier, but I can't be sure. Either way it beats that sling I was using.

I have the northern tools cart and really like it. It was "gotten" from my father who doesn't need to carry wood as far and has another place to store inside. I use it as both the carry equipment and the first of two racks once inside. I have to move twice, but what I do:
Carry in on that cart. Let it warm/ dry a bit more.
Transfer as the other one gets down. Bring out and get more.
I like the system.

velvetfoot said:
Nice. Do you have a step to go up? I got a cart with bigger wheels with the thought it'd be easier, but I can't be sure. Either way it beats that sling I was using.
I have two concrete steps to go up. I can fill it up and roll it in by the stove and have enough to burn for the night. Works pretty well. Last year I used a two wheel dolly and it was a pita.
Shopping carts are not just for homeless people.

For me those slings: I felt like a spastic weight lifter every time I had to lift it, like when going through the door. With the cart, it's a breeze.

Real nice custom job Woodford I agree that bigger wheels would go through the grass better...maybe ya don't need 'em, Anyway excellent job.

savageactor7 said:
Real nice custom job Woodford I agree that bigger wheels would go through the grass better...maybe ya don't need 'em, Anyway excellent job.
Thanks...I store my wood on racks outside the back door, so the little wheels are fine. I have hauled wood accross the grass on it and it's not too bad as long as it's not wet. I can always buy some bigger tires from HF and put them on if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.