Wood Chief operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Burning Hunk
Jan 19, 2013
Northern Minnesota
Hi all, we recently purchased a cabin and it has a Wood Chief circulator stove in it. I have two newer stoves at home but just want to know the best way to run the wood chief. I've looked it over and its in very good condition. I think it was mainly used to take the chill out on cool evenings and very seldom if ever used during the winter. I cleaned the chimney and everything looks good. I've used it a few times in mild weather but was wondering if anyone has any tips on maximizing it's use in cold below zero weather. I will be burning mostly pine with some birch and hopefully some ash if I can find some up there.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.