1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Wood consumption down...

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by FrankMA, Mar 2, 2013.

1. FrankMA

FrankMA Member

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley - Northeastern MA
    ...now that temps have been in the 40 - 45F degree range during the day. I am able to get away with a morning load, one reload (maybe) and then one night time burn in my well insulated 2200 sq. ft. colonial. Looking forward to spring at this stage of the game! Still got about a 4" of snow pack to melt away and cabin fever is starting to get the better of me.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    I keep thinking the weather is improving herer but this morning its snowing, light snow, but snow just the same. Guess that's what I get for thinking!:p

You can delete your own posts it's easy. Pull up the post you nwant to delete and look along the bottom and you will see edit and delete tabs amoung others. Simply hit the delete tab. You can only delete your own post.;)
  3. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    We're due for a warm up in a few days too. Wood use should will drop, but running the stove gets tougher.
    It's always somethin'.
  4. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Ya, this stinks. Between the cold, nuisance snow and the adopted stray puppy, I haven't got anything stacked in a few weeks. Need to get on it before the Spring breezes start to blow. :oops:
    Ralphie Boy likes this.
  5. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Yep, in the same boat. Did get all that ash split but the white oak is still in rounds. Monday looks good, well a little better, for splitting and stacking.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Looks like late in next week we'll warm up. Until then no thawing expected. Sure would welcome some 40-45 degree days.
  7. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    I started building my shed at the end of March 2010.
    We're almost there.