wood count

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejevans22

Feb 7, 2010
south east pa
now much wood does it look like is in the picture?

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-05-30 at 17.02.jpg
    Photo on 2010-05-30 at 17.02.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 401
I'd say if that is a garage, then the stack is about 16 feet long, and about five feet high. That is 80 square feet on the face, and at 18 inches deep (one split) then it is 120 cubic feet, or close to a cord, which would be 128 cubic feet.

Wood Duck said:
...and at 18 inches deep (one split) then it is 120 cubic feet...
I see pallets which are 40" X 48" so it must be more than one row.

ejevans22 said:
now much wood does it look like is in the picture?

All of it! :)

Ray

Looks to me like most of the pallet is sticking out in front of the wood, and is not covered in wood.

ha you guys are awesome. there are two rows of splits 16ft long. i was also wondering if it is better to cover the wood or leave it uncovered? I did have it covered with 4x4 sheets of plywood. I am such a newbie to all of this.

Yeah, I'd say each row is around 3/4 of a cord, 2 rows, total around 1 1/2 cords. Leave uncovered for the summer, cover the top in the fall for winter. I think I see an eve on that garage, if not, put one up. The plywood on top won't really hurt it, but may be a bit unsightly for summer. My wife doesn't like the wood to look a mess, so I don't give her any reason to b$^%&. Besides, I like everything looking nice and tighty anyway, well, cept the garage, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.