Wood Delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzyk

Oct 24, 2008
schoharie county ny
Got some wood delivered recently and thought I would share a pic.

Attachments

• wood2.JPG
    wood2.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 810
looks like someone hooked you up its all small stuff from what i see which is easier to cut, less amount of splits....
get busy and post pics..
how many cords?
and what did it run ya?

6-7 cords?

Looks good even if I can't tell what it is by the pictures. Too far away to see good.

Now you have your work cut out for you. Get that stuff cut and split ASAP so it can do some drying over the summer months and you'll be a very happy camper next winter.

I'll try to get more pics up soon, especially once I have some of it cut. Its all small stuff, haven't seen anything much over 16-18 inhces in diameter.
Looks to be mostly maple and ash, but I'm not entirely sure. Hoping for 8+ cords, but we'll see.

Attachments

• wood4.JPG
    wood4.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 756
Not only smaller stuff, but STRAIGHT. After hand splitting so much wood, I'm starting to look at trees differently, having disdain for a tree with lots of Y's and burls, and coveting limbs and trees that are straight as an arrow.

Was that one of the commandments? "Though shalt not covet your neighbor's wood"

Just a wild guess- are you in Sharon Springs?

The size logs you have are great for bucking up for the stove. Easy splitting, easy cutting; the best all around.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll post some pics when I get some processed. Should have some time to really get into it in a couple of weeks.

Inferno- Last year we had three maples taken down that were 36-42 inch diameter. It was horrible. This stuff is a treat in comparison. :)

Jack Straw- Close... I'm in Dorloo. Moved down here a couple years ago.

What was the price, if you dont mind me asking?

Made some progress this weekend. Got one load plus a bit cut, some split, and a cord stacked out back...

Attachments

• wood.JPG
    wood.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 367
Zzyk said:
Made some progress this weekend. Got one load plus a bit cut, some split, and a cord stacked out back...

beautiful.........show us more pics .... show us the stack... keep em coming

That is a lot of nice looking wood. Looks like fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.