wood doctor converter fired up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

603doug

Sep 26, 2008
seacoast nh
Bought the wood doctor's converter and so far very pleased. Check out alot of different brands and even debated about building one (have a well drilling co so we have migs etc so tools and the mechanic are not an issue, but time was) The converter seems well built but the part I like best all the parts can be bought at grainger. I am not sold on electronics yet in an outside burner subject to the climate changes.(old fart)
It burn so clean I kept check the boiler all week thinking it had gone out. Had a Hunter in the early 80's and loved it only draw back it was inside and this is nice because all the mess is outside. "The truly best moment was unpluging the water heater"
New Hampshire passed the EPA emissions for Jan 09 so outdoor boilers will have to meet the standards or you will not be able to install it.

"LIVE FREE OR DIE"

Doug, Where did you purchase the converter? I noticed Crown Royal looks identical? Does the converter carry the EPA tag? Here in Mass I have to have a boiler that has been EPA approved.

Supposedly they have done the US epa test and passed, now waiting for the finally paperwork. I bought it direct because there was not a local dealer, saved abit
email me at [email protected] and i can give you the info i was given
I am not a dealer, have enough headaches, but i can give you the names who i talked with

Status
Not open for further replies.